Monday, March 8, 2010

Pregnancy Health

Last Post November! Well it got so busy getting ready for Ryan to come home and then well things have been busy since he left. I figure now that the word is out I can start to post my pregnancy health on this blog. I would like to be more aware this time about what I am eating and how I am feeling so here goes...

Pre-pregnancy weight 122.0Today I am 12 1/2 weeks and I weighed 125.0 this morning
I feel really fat already though. My tummy is sticking out faster this time. I guess that is common with the more babies you have the faster you show.

Last week I went to the gym on Monday and ran 20 minutes and did arm weights for 20 minutes. Wednesday I went and ran 30 minutes and did some machines for my legs. I planned to go Friday too but Faryn got strep and we had to stay home. My goal is to get to the gym 3 times a week! With Errson I exercised until 3 weeks before delivery.

I feel pretty good in the morning but by 3 or 4 I am really tired (even though I try to nap everyday while Errson is napping). I also have been nauseous at night the last couple of weeks. Before that I was nauseous all day :)So I know it is getting better. I think I am more tired this time because I am more busy.

Anyway my goal for this pregnancy really is to not let myself have the attitude that I can eat whatever I want because I am pregnant and going to get fat anyway. We all know that it sucks after wards to have to lose all that weight that is just from the baby let alone the stuff from over eating too. I gained about 35 pounds with Hendrix and Faryn delivering at 156. With Errson I started at 156 and delivered at 162...only a six pound gain but I was over weight to start with. This time I would like to gain no more than 20. I don't know if it is realistic but I would like to try my best to keep it under control. I will post later what I ate today. I think accountability is the key. I appreciate everyone's support!!!!!

3 comments:

Danielle Dallas said...

Congrats on #4! I'm pretty content at the moment with just one . . . and good for you to be so vigilant with health during pregnancy--I sure will be more so next time :)

The Qian Family said...

This is great to keep track of your pregnancy health, Kiersta! I think you are doing great! You've only gained 3 pounds and you were at a very healthy weight when you got pregnant. So cool! so that puts you way ahead of the game right there. Trying to keep exercising is probably pretty important, even if it's going for walks and arm weights on harder days. Keep up the posting!

The Qian Family said...

How's it going!!! Can't wait to see you in 2 months :)